【問題】請問外國人怎麼定義華人?

你有想過為什麼日本不是四"小"龍嗎(四個有成就的開發中國家)

因為日本是"大"龍(日本是有成就的已開發國家)

大陸則是"巨"龍(面積大.前途無量)

You're still missing the point......

The Four Little Asian Dragons refer to the regions that were noted for maintaining high growth rates and rapid industrialisation between the early 1960s and 1990s. (quote from Wiki) China WAS NOT one of them because they DID NOT maintain high growth rates and rapid industrialisation during that period. In fact, they're doing that RIGHT NOW. Japan also had their own miracle though I'm guessing they're not considered as the four "little" Asian dragons because they're a much larger country. Anyways, I'll let the experts explain.

But yeah, China can be considered as a huge dragon - but you're talking out of the correct context.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
You're still missing the point......

The Four Little Asian Dragons refer to the regions that were noted for maintaining high growth rates and rapid industrialisation between the early 1960s and 1990s. (quote from Wiki) China WAS NOT one of them because they DID NOT maintain high growth rates and rapid industrialisation during that period. In fact, they're doing that RIGHT NOW. Japan also had their own miracle though I'm guessing they're not considered as the four "little" Asian dragons because they're a much larger country. Anyways, I'll let the experts explain.

But yeah, China can be considered as a huge dragon - but you're talking out of the correct context.

這只是個笑話

別太認真

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
這只是個笑話

別太認真

Errrr - no, I wasn't taking it that seriously. Just that you didn't sound like you're making a joke and more like you're missing the point. Your "joke" didn't really work either - but I see where you're gearing at. :p *shrug*

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Errrr - no, I wasn't taking it that seriously. Just that you didn't sound like you're making a joke and more like you're missing the point. Your "joke" didn't really work either - but I see where you're gearing at. :p *shrug*

有些事要當下才會好笑

一切都因為我英文不好造成的

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 months later...
我們英文老師說

台灣人--英文發音好

香港人--字彙量大 但是講出來大家聽不太懂

大陸人--不管用寫的用說的英文沒有人懂

數學老師說

亞洲人數學都好

路人說

亞洲女生小小的好可愛歐~

Agree!! Ha, you are from Australia as well!

Most of my friends (mainly aussie) think that Asain are extremly good in math for some reason, but in fact that i've seen heaps Asain with crapy math.

I share house with some people from Hong Kong, they use a lot of big words, but when they say it, you cant really understand what they try to say....

For people from main land, well, there still are people with good English skills....= ='

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...
蠻多人好像都認為亞洲來的功課很好

還有都會驚呼wow,妳好瘦之類(唉...就是這樣被矇騙的.

定義的話....我覺得都是直接看外表吧

畢竟有華人血統和美國白人黑人或南美裔 外表很明顯分的出來..

嗯嗯 我贊成

他們都覺得華人都超瘦

很羨慕我們的髮質

還有數理超強 每天到晚只會念書

還有 也會覺得我們都很有錢

所以被搶機率也高 T_T

喔 還有體育老師都覺得華人不喜歡運動 = ='

(不知道為什麼)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Most of my friends (mainly aussie) think that Asain are extremly good in math for some reason

Because most of us are. My dad used to teach me maths. He used Taiwanese textbooks and Taiwan's year 4 maths textbook is equivalent to Australia's year 6 textbook. I remember when we were taught fractions in 6th grade I was going, "Huh? I learned this 2 years ago."

It's not that we're "good" at maths, it's more to do with the fact when most of us (provided you're a migrant child) came to Australia, Taiwan already taught us more maths than Australia had. We're just ahead to begin with, that's all. (Only specific to Australia - but I guess it applies to the States as well)

他們都覺得華人都超瘦

Well, considering a size 12 in Australia is an extra large in Taiwan...yeah.....(size 12 is average size in Australia = =|||)

Also, according to studies, Asians tend to store more fat than Caucasians, so by comparison, our healthy BMI range is lower and smaller. In other words, the average healthy Asian needs to be smaller than an average healthy Caucasian. (Need to find that link that talked about this)

That, and the fact, Western culture (at least in the States and Australia - haha - Australia just overtook the States as the fattest country in the world - dear, oh dear >_>) eat a lot more fatty foods and in larger (much larger) portions so lifestyle's have to do with it too. I've met so many girls from China complaining how they've gained so much weight within weeks of coming to Australia. :p

還有數理超強 每天到晚只會念書

Cultural. How many times have you heard your parents go, "Go study,"? 'cause I've heard it way too many times. "Mum, I want to join the tennis team."

"No. Stay at home and study."

= =|||

This also answers the fact why they think we hate sports - because most Asian parents prefer their kids to study rather than playing sports so statistically, many of us are restricted in doing so. (At least my parents were. My parents stopped me going to gym classes because they wanted me back home and do more study = =|||)

也會覺得我們都很有錢

能出國的通常都比較有錢. 換句話說, 外國看到的華人都是有錢的, 所以才會認為我們都是有錢人. 事實上是因為只看過有錢的

不過說實在的, 華人真的比較會理財 (個人意見. 起碼我媽管錢管得很精)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Man UTD, i think most people up here are talking about Americans... :P Latino American, Caucasian American and African American?

Krislih, I guess you are right.

So we are talking about how Americans define Chinese....or...we should say the stereotype of Chinese people the Americans have.

It’s A Very Big topic. I will rest on this one as I have relatively limited understanding and experience on American people.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

引用:

普通外國人

範圍太廣了吧?

每一個國家都有不一樣的看法

請說你是指哪一國的外國人 (yes, I'm being picky but generalisation is NOT good. Foreigners literally means, in this context, THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD except Taiwan )

That's my quote from post 2. :)

JOIN THE CLUB!!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
美國餐廳放體育轉播

台灣餐廳放新聞轉播

(點頭)

We have Baseball on when Wang or some other Taiwanese Pitcher is on the pitch in the Major League too...一_一狠

Don't forget that brawling in the Legislative Yuan is considered a sporting event. :E

In my opinion, Canadians are more knowledgeable about Asians than Americans, (at least in British Colombia) whether it's because they (the Caucasians) are outnumbered in the Lower Mainland (Greater Vancouver) or that they were brought up with less racial discrimination. :E

But...Racism is still widespread, one of them is that East Asians all have puny eyes :

Chinese ---> ( \ _ / ) Japanese---> ( / _ \ )

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

fresh off the boat.....

我學校一堆大陸人都是開學前幾天趕過來的:S

那種都超討厭的

每天一堆一樣的FOB聚在一起

搞小圈圈

在別人後面說話

又不會講英文

然後生活習慣很.....差