【問題】請問外國人怎麼定義華人?

普通外國人

範圍太廣了吧?

每一個國家都有不一樣的看法

請說你是指哪一國的外國人 (yes, I'm being picky but generalisation is NOT good. Foreigners literally means, in this context, THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD except Taiwan :p)

中國人的刻板印象如下: (stereo-typical of course)

1. 數學很強

2. 很會讀書但不會交際

3. 每天就是讀書. 讀不好會被打

4. 通常都會去大學學商, 法與醫

5. 很會理財. 都瞞有錢 (that's because whoever goes overseas ALL have SOME amount of money to begin with - flawed view)

Now for something SOMEWHAT on topic, check this link:

http://www.nemesiscorporate.com/AsianRU/

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

haha, that's really funny!!

I think I'm just a "Fob" right now(trying to be a Fobulous...)xd

However, I only fit a few of your points above although they're right for the most of the Asians.

btw, how can you find so many links on the Internet?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

華人是我們自己定義的吧= =

外國人只知道我們叫做Asian 亞洲人

然後絕對不會叫中東地區的人跟印度人Asian

middle east and Indian

但是基本上Indian也算Asian,

只是外國人就很習慣叫他們indian就是了

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Fobulous

- You speak perfect English and you are fluent in your native language

- You have Asian friends as well as non-Asian friends

- You listen to Asian pop as well as American music

- You are equally aware of both popular American culture and Asian pop culture

- You are a good dancer

- You date Asian by choice even though you could rock the opposite sex of any other race

- You are a good designer and have superior Html skills (for that fly MySpace / Xanga page)

- For you, FOB stands for Fabulous Oriental Being

- You have lots of Asian pride

除了speak perfect English以外,

我都很合耶= =

我願意用其他點換取speak perfect English...那樣就足夠了T..T

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

為什麼我沒看到一樣跟我完全合的=.=

最接近的是FOB,

還有什麼FOB is stand for Fabulous Oriental Being,

我拿那個去嗆我們學校ABCs好了XDDDDD

那個網站真的很酷,

我看完了要複製他還會跳出一個視窗說什麼"watsup Asian"什麼的XDD

感謝分享:)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
然後絕對不會叫中東地區的人跟印度人Asian

middle east and Indian

但是基本上Indian也算Asian,

Yeah, it's a flawed definition. I remember watching this half-Indian, half-Japanese comedian doing a stand-up. One of the stuff he said was, "Many people had come up to me and said, 'So you're mother is Japanese and you're dad's Indian - so that makes you half-Asian, right?"

He went, ".....Where do you think India's part of??"

:p

btw, how can you find so many links on the Internet?

It's called "Google". As for that particular link, it used to be a chain mail at one point so I just googled for it and voila! What do yo know? A site was made dedicated to it.

為什麼我沒看到一樣跟我完全合的=.=

Neither. Check this:

Fobulous

- You speak perfect English and you are fluent in your native language (yes)

- You have Asian friends as well as non-Asian friends (yes)

- You listen to Asian pop as well as American music (yes)

- You are equally aware of both popular American culture and Asian pop culture (sort of. I don't like the pop culture at all so I'm probably not aware with BOTH of them)

- You are a good dancer (*cough* *cough* - yeah right)

- You date Asian by choice even though you could rock the opposite sex of any other race (I'm dating a Caucasian right now by choice but yes, I could rock any other race considering my earlier crushes were Asians)

- You are a good designer and have superior Html skills (for that fly MySpace / Xanga page) (Designer? What type of designer? Graphics? No, not really. Yes, I have html skills but I don't have a stupid MySpace or Xanga page because they ANNOY ME)

- For you, FOB stands for Fabulous Oriental Being (*cough* errr...right)

- You have lots of Asian pride (Yes, that's right.)

Most of my friends are either Twinkie, Asian-Australian (yes, I know it says American there) or Fobabee. In fact, MOST are Fobabee once they start university. All of sudden, all these kids who'd always scoffed at learning their native tongue (much to their parent's frustration) all started doing beginners Chinese/Japanese/Korean and hits their head hard for not bothering to learn it when they had the chance. (AND their parents laugh at their bad accent and never let them live it down that they never bothered to learn their mother tongue properly)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Yeah, it's a flawed definition. I remember watching this half-Indian, half-Japanese comedian doing a stand-up. One of the stuff he said was, "Many people had come up to me and said, 'So you're mother is Japanese and you're dad's Indian - so that makes you half-Asian, right?"

He went, ".....Where do you think India's part of??"

:p

England....rofl

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
England....rofl

Haha! Good luck saying that to an Indian. :p

i think whoever said that to him thought the India he comes from was the red India belongs to the USA.

Errr...no....most people, for some reason, do not associate Indians as "Asians". Most people in Australia/USA that is. In the UK, Indians are referred to as "Asians".

The point that that comedian wanted to make was most people don't realise how flawed their idea of "Asians" is because it never occured to them that Indians are actually Asians, yet they separate the two simply because they physically look different even though geographically, they're part of the same continent.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

我們英文老師說

台灣人--英文發音好

香港人--字彙量大 但是講出來大家聽不太懂

大陸人--不管用寫的用說的英文沒有人懂

數學老師說

亞洲人數學都好

路人說

亞洲女生小小的好可愛歐~

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

唉那為什麼我遇到的不一樣

在學校....上美國歷史講到什麼貧窮國家都是China(好吧因為根本沒什麼人知道台灣ˊˋ

然後我同學很愛問我hey,do u have this in taiwan

我就想說.......呃,我們不是貧窮國家好嗎= =

然後,蠻多人好像都認為亞洲來的功課很好

還有都會驚呼wow,妳好瘦之類(唉...就是這樣被矇騙的.

定義的話....我覺得都是直接看外表吧

畢竟有華人血統和美國白人黑人或南美裔 外表很明顯分的出來..

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

香港人--字彙量大 但是講出來大家聽不太懂

大陸人--不管用寫的用說的英文沒有人懂

↑↑↑↑

不同意~"~

China有錢的很有錢啊,只是....多數的人的生活水平不太好,人口太多問題也多

=========

跑題ing

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
香港人--字彙量大 但是講出來大家聽不太懂

大陸人--不管用寫的用說的英文沒有人懂

↑↑↑↑

不同意~"~

China有錢的很有錢啊,只是....多數的人的生活水平不太好,人口太多問題也多

=========

跑題ing

大陸人超拼的....

可能遇到的人不同吧..

不過很神奇的是,

Winnie的英文老師竟然還會認同有台灣人這種東西。

能來美國唸書的大陸人都不簡單

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I actually heard this joke from an Indian....rofl

Awesome! Means he's got a sense of humour. :p

然後我同學很愛問我hey,do u have this in taiwan

我就想說.......呃,我們不是貧窮國家好嗎= =

It's called ignorance and stereotyping. Everyone's done it once or twice in their life.

我也有過類似經驗

上個月跟同學吃飯的時候, 他有一位大陸朋友 (不過是ABC, 但有常回大陸)

他朋友問說, "So, what's Taiwan like?"

Me: What do you mean?

Him: Like, is it as modern as China? Is it developed?

Me:......................................................it's been a developed country for the past 30 years

Him: Oh......

Me:......The tallest building in the world is in Taipei at the moment so.....I think that's a good indication how developed it is.

Him:...Oh..

What I find ironic about the whole thing is, for the past few decades, and even now, Taiwan viewed China as this backwater, developing country (not true anymore of course and even today, people are surprised at China's development) so to have him ask me whether Taiwan is a developed country surprised me. Secondly, this guy graduated with a Bachelor in Finance (or something Commerce related) so it surprised me even more that he wouldn't at least had heard about the 4 Asian dragons where Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and HK created their own economic miracles.

I was pretty tempted to go on saying that China's currently following Taiwan's footsteps in terms of building up their economy quickly so it's even more ironic that he's asking whether Taiwan's developed when China's currently doing a rapid catch-up session - but no - I wanted a decent dinner so I left it at that. :p

香港人--字彙量大 但是講出來大家聽不太懂

Really? I'd say Cantos probably have the best English considering they were under British rule till '97. Most of my canto friend's parents speak perfect English but with a Canto accent.

As for Mainlanders, it varies. According to my mum (she has a shop and hires many uni students, mostly from China), there are some with good English but these are mostly because they've lived in Australia for 3 years at least or they were in Australia or Hong Kong for a certain period of time. Then there are a few students who've only been here for a year (in extreme cases, 3 years even) that speak HORRIBLE English. They can't even understand "Thank you". My mum fires these students pretty much the next day. I meet people like these as TUTORS. Man, they annoy me so because not only are there disinterested in teaching the class, they don't make any sense. What annoys me more is when I speak Mandarin with them, they get all defensive and try and respond in English and I'm like, "I'm trying to make BOTH our lives easier here!"

Taiwanese - not sure. I don't go to events held by Taiwanese Students' Assocation much :p (much to my mum's annoyance)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
The four dragons are S. Korea, Taiwan, HK, and Singapore...

no Japan

Got mixed up but you see? You've done Finance stuff so you know these things better than someone with Engineering background (unless you're interested in Commerce and stuff). That's kind of why I don't understand why this guy didn't know about it since he graduated with a Bachelor in Finance. Maybe he didn't pay attention in class.......*shrug*

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入