【討論】Same words but have a different meaning?

So, there are a lot of words that means differently in different cultures!

Like fag in United States is uh...something bad to say to people. but means cigarette in UK.

Rubber in UK, HK means rubber band, in United States it means condom..

make a circle with your index finger and thumb (with the rest three fingers up) in Japan means money, in China/Taiwan means okay, but in some middle east countries it's an insult.

also, if you turn the peace sign around it becomes "the f word" in UK (I heard from my classmate, let me know if it's accurate!)

Let's share some of the words so we don't misuse it when we go to other countries!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

不用說在不同國家,一個國家裡也有可能有這種情況

我們學校的一個老師曾經舉過他的一個例子,他說他有次去了Adelaid for travel,在一個快餐店裡面他看到那種炸過的土豆餅。那種土豆餅在Sydney這邊有人會叫做Scallop,因為那看起來有些像扇貝(我覺得還好),而在Adelaid那邊,那裏的人把它叫做potato cake。

後來他用同樣的詞點餐,結果店主給了他一個扇貝......=.=......

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

"那個" is Chinese, but when people who has a Beijin accent, 那個 sounds like "Nigga" to American.

“給" is Chinese, but it sounds like “gay" to American. Because they don't get the tone's difference. And it has been bothering me when I'm talking to other chinese people in front of American. One of my chinese friends shouted 給我! in the cafeteria, and then everyone started looking at him in really shocked looks. That was so embarrassing...

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入